Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 4 1st Solo swim 6/8

Edit: I wanted to throw in that I didn't get in the Sunday run just like I thought I wouldn't. I didn't end up getting home from Sacramento and the Uriah Faber fight till almost 1 am. So no training on Sunday. I will try and do the coaches run this sunday but I may have to skip that as well as I might be shooting a movie.

Originally I thought I was supposed to bike but after looking at the training sheet I realized that it was a swimming day. I was a little apprehensive about finding a pool but I soon found that the pool at my apartment complex would be fine. Its 25 yards so it offers a good spot for doing laps. There weren't that many people there which was nice.

I got into my new jammers and got to try out my swim cap. Very cool over all. I did a couple of drills and then free swam. It seemed like my stroke got much better and It was a lot easier to breathe. I figure it will continue to get easier as I continue on in the training process. My body is finally starting to snap back much quicker and I am not feeling the nagging aches and pains I was after the first workout.

Nutrition is becoming more and m0re evident. I weighed myself over the weekend and I gained 8 pounds somewhere last week! I have no idea how that happened but it scared the crap out of me. I am cutting out soda completely and tring to do more salad and fish. I'll try and mix in some chicken here and there but man it is hard to figure out what I should be eating. I have been doing a lot of fruit in the am but I end up skipping lunch. That needs to stop.

I can't wait till we go over nutrition but that isn't for like 3 weeks. I should probably consult with someone that knows what they are doing before then.

GOT TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment