Friday, June 26, 2009

Recap of Sunday thru Thursday

So I took a few days off from the blog, mostly because I forgot. I have begun to feel a it better about my training but the nagging pain in my right leg has moved from my knee to my hip and back down to the knee again. I talked to Drew last night and he seems to think its going to jump to the other side eventually from me compensating. The pain is kind of a dull one and it hasn't really gotten to the point where it bothers me on a consistent basis, yet... More to come on this.

Sunday was Father's day and I took it off from training to be with my son. We had a great time. On Monday I had to work so I missed practicing again. I decided that I need to sit down with the coaches and devise a schedule that allows for me to train 4 or 5 out of 7 days. With the other commitments I have it is incredibly hard to fit it in sometimes. On Tuesday and Wednesday I swam. That is definitely beginning to get a lot better. There was a little drama in the pool on Tuesday as it was a little overcrowded. Once it thinned out a bit I was able to complete my laps but it took like 2 hours. I got an uninterrupted swim in on Wednesday. My wind is getting a lot better. I think I could go 200 to 300 without stopping to rest and feel pretty good, 400 to 500 if I was to push myself but I would be dead after. Pretty good with still 12 weeks left to train.

Thursday's coaches practice was more of the same in that area. We did our last of the core exercises (I have started doing them on my own now) and we increased our running length. I think we actually ended up running like 3 miles after all was said and done. I was up near the front in the warm up but when we did the timed 800's my hip started hurting (like a pinching soreness in the flexor) and I had to slow down. I talked to drew about the running or my lack of it duuring the week and he definitely agreed that I need to be running at least 3 times a week. I am going to have to add it in somehow. I think I am going to takeFriday and bike and run but do it inside at the gym. At least I will get some type of activity in. I am missing the Saturday coaches practice so I have to make sure I get in the pool on my own and bike as well.

GO TEAM

No comments:

Post a Comment